Guess what? One turtle egg hatched. I named it Bibble. Guess how I found it? It was September 23rd sharp exactly 3 months from the day the Momma turtle laid the eggs. I kept checking the fenced in area for turtles. I found it right after the school dedication (which I got to sing at). I didn't see it the first time I looked and I started to walk back. I said, "Well, maybe I didn't look good enough." So I turned around and there it was...a beautiful baby Eastern box turtle looking straight back at me. I couldn't believe my eyes. They almost popped out of my head. I was jumping up and down, up and down, up and down! I was screaming, "A turtle, a turtle, a turtle!" It's shell was soft and grey. It's tail is actually longer than Dribbles and I know that the girl turtles have longer tails than the boys.
I hoping for more turtles!
Notice the picture of the two turtles above. The larger turtle with more color is Dribble. He was found last spring. The smaller turtle with less color is the baby turtle, Bibble.
The picture on the top is Bibble in my hands.



5 comments:
Brett, CONGRATULATIONS! We are so very proud of you! You are the best box turtle grower we know! Have a wonderful week, and remember to come see us in AUBUBN, ALABAMA! I bet there are lots of turtles here! love you! Teddi
Brett, it is sooo sweet. What a neat experience for you. Please take good care of the tiny new creature and maybe one day Wilson and I can meet him.
Hello from Georgia
Hey Brett! I am so glad you have a new turtle! I didnt even know you had Dribble, take care of them, I know you will!
I love you all and miss you guys bunches.
Love, Lyndsay
(Your Cousin)
Brett, that is so cool!! I love reading your blog! It definitely brings a smile to my face, and I love seeing all of the pictures of the turtles!
Love ya'll!! Katie
Brett, That sounds cool! You will have fun watching yout turtles grow. Congratulations on your new site. It is really cool!
Love, Lauren
Post a Comment