Spring 2008, we were beginning to plant our garden. My daddy was tiling the garden. My job was to pick up clops of weeds behind him. I found my baby box turtle in the garden. My dad almost tilled it up. I saved his life. I named him Dribble from the turtle in the book Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. My daddy helped me set up the aquarium. I put a cave, a water bowl, a food bowl, and plants in the aquarium. My daddy also bought some food for baby box turtles. I also feed Dribble fresh worms.
I researched the web to find out more about Eastern box turtles and learned a lot of information about box turtles. I found out that the turtles are mostly out in the morning. The female turtles have orange and light red eyes and the males have dark red eyes. The females box turtles have shorter claws. The male box turtles have longer claws.
Also this summer, I found a mother box turtle that laid eggs in my mom's flower garden. I am watching to see when the eggs hatch. My dad also found two box turtles mating in the woods behind our house.
In this blog, I plan to write more about the box turtles that I have found. I also hope to write about the baby box turtles when they hatch.



8 comments:
We are so excited about this blog Brett! This is great - you are a super kid!!
love,
The Edwards'
Miss Mika,
Thank you for getting me started. I will love this blog.
Brett
Brett, We will enjoy reading your blog! You are doing a great job! Thank goodness you saved Dribble! He is so cute!
Love, Tom, Teddi, Mallory and Thomas
WE LOVE YOU!
Miss Teddi,
I am so glad that you liked my blog. Keep looking at it everyday because I might add something.
Mommy says hello!
Brett
Brett,
Wow, what an awesome Blog! We are
so excited to watch Dribble grow and hear all about the baby turtles when they hatch. We love you!
The Hazen's
The Hazen Family,
I so glad that you love my blog. Remember to keep looking everyday because I might add something new.
Brett
Brett,
Your blog is cool. Keep me updated on all the information you have on turtles. After reading your blog I'm thinkng of buying a turtle for my kids. What turtle do you think would be best?
Mr. Cam
Mr. Cam,
I think a box turtle will be the best. But you have to find it. When my eggs hatch, you can have one of them.
Brett
Post a Comment