Saturday, August 30, 2008

Two new turtles






Today my dad yelled, "Brett, Mikey, Come here!" We ran to the back yard. Before I got to the gate, I stopped. Mikey said, "Come on, don't you want to see what it is?" I yelled, "Daddy, is it a turtle?" He yelled, "TWO". I darted over. They were both still in their shells. We took them to Mikey's house and showed his family. We were waiting and waiting for the turtles to come out of their shells. While we were waiting, we dugged for worms and we found six. We put in front of the turtles so they would smell it and hopefully, they would come out. We left them and went to the hammock. When we got back, they were both out of their shells. The big one looked like a dinosaur because it had a beak. The little had strips on its head. They are both males. Finally, I got home and took the pictures above.

No comments: