Sunday, February 19, 2012

Woods Dissapering

I don't think this year will be very productive with turtles for this very reason. About two weeks ago I came home from wrestling practice and my dad told me that part of the woods had been cut down. I had no idea how to react. I was petrified. the next day I walked into the woods after about a half a mile I saw what my dad had been talking about the day before it was terrible. It was almost like a tornado had come and ripped the trees out of the ground.
About a half of a week later I had just gotten home from school. I got off the bus and one of my friends asked me what the noise coming from the woods was. I told them it was probably the people cleaning up the fallen trees. I walked inside and noticed my mom had a grim look on her face. She told me to come into the back. when I walked outside I saw trees falling from the woods and machines rolling around picking them up. It was almost like the woods was disappearing before my eyes.
My mom said, " I never thought it would get this close to the house."
It felt like half of my life had been ripped out. Almost like all my child hood memories had floated away and would never come back. I'm still having a hard time hopefully I will get over it soon.
That's the reason I don't think that there will be much turtles this season.

No comments: