Today is Christmas! At 5:00 am, I went to see my presents from Santa. I got a 50 gallon tank but no turtles. Daddy said that I could maybe order some turtles from the internet and that he had a book in his bathroom about different kinds of turtles. When I went to get the book, I screamed because in the bathtub I saw one baby turtle. Daddy came and said, "Look again." I looked and saw another turtle. My Dad said that they are Southern Painted Turtles. We took most of the day setting up the aquarium in my room. Almost every minute, I asked if we could move them from the little tank in the bathtub to the 50 Gallon tank in my room. Finally, my dad said, YES!!" I think they love it because they are so tiny and the tank is huge.
I named the shy turtle Webster because I first noticed his webbed feet. I named the active turtle Skippy because he is so fast. The top picture is Webster and the bottom picture is Skippy.



2 comments:
That Santa...he is sneaky and such a fun guy.
Merry Christmas...
love,
Corrie Cole Jeffords
I am soooooo happy that you got two turtles to love and care for!!!
Post a Comment